Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day.....

Mothers Day,    A day that brings mixed feelings...  (Somehow I didn't get this posted, but want to do it anyway......smile.

Like most people, I love my Mommy...smile.  She is the best...  It was always about us kids.... she never complained about anything...ever.  She never made my dad look bad... and she could have (love you daddy).  My mommy didn't speak very good English and couldn't read at all...  So at night when we would read our school books, she would read them back to us.. and taught herself!!! Her dad died when she was in what would be our 7th or 8th grade... and she had to stop going to school and start working in a tire factory to bring money in the home.(Can you imagine!!!)  I have one fun memory...  When I was in the 3rd Grade, we lived in Texas... and my mom and her friend Mrs. Simmons would get all their chores done for the day...smile.  They would make a cooler of stuff .... lets just say it was not for kids... smile. Then they would sit outside for sometime and wait for us to come home from school..  We would play Dodge ball...  and they would be the one's throwing the ball...  They would hit us so hard... and then double over in laughter.... Funny Funny!!!!  My mommy is the best cook ever...  German Food is some good stuff!!!! Anyway, I love my Mommy and that is that!!!
On the other hand... Mothers Day reminds me that I don't have any kiddo's ... and sometimes that makes me super sad... Not all the time, if  I have to be super honest... smile.  Just a reminder of what could have been...  Anyway...  I was still given a wonderful card today, from a very sweet person.. made me feel better.  Thank you....Sweet Person... 

Have a great week, and go out there and love on someone!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment